Collegiate Coaching Services provides therapeutic coaching, parent coaching, and independent living support in Boulder, CO, the surrounding communities, and on the college campus to young men and women ages 18-30+. For those young adults who reside with their parents and are not local to the Colorado front range area, our therapeutic and parent coaching services provide a welcome level of guidance, support and accountability. Both our in-person and virtual coaching services offer the young adult and their parents a high level of expertise in areas such as, guiding the young adult to engage in healthy development and individuation, improving adult child & parent relationship to support increased responsibility, obtaining mental health and academic and workplace stability.
The transition into adulthood, independent living, and attending college comes with their own set of unique challenges and stressors. As a result, our clients are often experiencing mental health struggles and/or compulsive behaviors, such as substance abuse or digital media overuse for the first time in their lives. We also work with young adult who engage with us after having experienced some level of outpatient therapy or therapeutic programs. After working with young adults for several years in a variety of settings, we have developed a service that values traditional therapy and its ability to enhance and improve one’s life. We then took it a few steps further and added the goal of assisting our clients to put what they have discovered about themselves and the skills they have learned into action.
Our coaching services help guide young adults seeking independence to develop a strong foundation from which to build on. This foundation is comprised of three critical elements: Academics, Community Connection, and Recovery. Each element is supported by practical skills coaching. Practical skills, such as effective communication and the ability to organize and budget are imperative for our clients to learn and become competent in, in order for them to stay on track with their goals.
In partnership with our clients, an individualized action plan is developed in each area, and implemented based on their goals, strengths, and areas that are in need of improvement. We value and encourage input from parents, other family members, and those professionals who have had a positive influence in their lives when developing the action plans.
We work with young adults who:
- Are enrolled in college and in need of support to be successful.
- Plan to attend college and are in need of support to become more prepared to live independently and be prepared academically.
- Have a college degree and are experiencing difficulty transitioning successfully into the workplace due to issues such as, digital media overuse, substance abuse, social anxiety, and low confidence and motivation.
- Want to live independently from parents; their primary focus is employment and they are ambivalent about attending college.
- Are transitioning to the community and/or college campus from primary treatment, wilderness therapeutic programs, aftercare, and transitional living programs and are ready for independent living.
- Struggle with social connection and developing a reliable social support system.
- Are committed to sobriety from substances.
- Are struggling with sobriety and desire accountability and support to follow through with an effective recovery plan.
- Are committed to engaging in a healthy digital media use plan.
- Are struggling with digital media overuse and desire accountability and support to develop and engage in healthy use.
- Are supported by their parent(s) in their desire to become independent, healthy adults.
- Live with their parents and take online courses due to COVID-19 concerns and requirements.
For clients who live afar and are seeking to engage in our virtual services, we have important criteria that must be met for therapeutic coaching services to be initiated. Contact us for more information.