Who Do We Support?
The students we support are juniors and seniors in high school, they may be venturing out for the first time to the college campus, they are continuing students and enrolled at a college, on probation or suspension, or they have taken time away from the college campus and are transfer students. We work with students and non-students alike from all backgrounds and cultures.
We offer executive function coaching services to students who plan to or who are attending;
- University of Colorado at Boulder
- School of Mines, Golden
- Naropa University
- Front Range Community College
Developing a Plan for Academic Success
We will support the student to develop a plan for academic success based on a thorough assessment process.
The Academic services we offer at Collegiate Coaching include;
- Executive Function Coaching
- Parent Coaching
- Psychoeducational Accommodation Assessment
- Career Coaching
- Social and study opportunities with other students
Key components of our executive function coaching for academic success include:
- Becoming familiar with the student’s college campus and important locations such as tutoring services, writing center, disability center, and library.
- Assisting the client to develop a plan with the support of their adviser/counselor and department to resolve academic probation requirements.
- Supporting client to meet with a coordinator at the Disability Services to receive the appropriate accommodations for classes for those clients with learning disabilities and mental health issues.
- Signing up for classes based on a plan for success.
- Developing a study schedule each week and organizing each class based on syllabus requirements.
- Class attendance accountability may be provided regularly through phone calls and/or in person meetings.
- Providing transportation and initially accompanying clients to class if they have a difficult time doing so on their own due to feeling anxious (therapeutic clients only).
- Connect the client to the appropriate services on campus such as the tutoring center, medical services, counseling services, and social clubs. Our team has made it a priority to know what support and services are available on campus and will accompany the young adult to ensure the connection occurs.
“Our coach has a wealth of practical knowledge about CU Boulder, so she can give our daughter timely reminders (“Isn’t it about time to meet with your advisor?”) and also suggests activities she might be interested in.”