Student Support at Boston College
Boston College fosters a tight-knit and supportive campus community. The university prioritizes student well-being and offers a range of resources, clubs, and organizations to promote student involvement, personal development, and a sense of belonging. As we often say at Collegiate Coaching Services, a student’s sense of belonging and having a positive identity with their campus are primary factors in their overall success.
What Makes Boston College Unique?
Boston College is a Jesuit institution that emphasizes intellectual inquiry, social justice, and ethical leadership. The Jesuit tradition encourages students to explore questions of meaning, purpose, and values in their academic pursuits and personal lives. This focus on moral and ethical development can shape students into compassionate and well-rounded individuals.
Academics at Boston College
Boston College is recognized for its academic excellence and is consistently ranked among the top universities in the United States. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs across various disciplines, including business, humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and more. Boston College is known for its strong liberal arts education and rigorous academic curriculum.
Faculty at Boston College
The faculty at Boston College comprises accomplished scholars, researchers, and experts in their fields. Professors at Boston College are committed to teaching and mentorship, and they bring their expertise and passion into the classroom. Interacting with such faculty members can enhance the learning experience and provide valuable opportunities for intellectual growth.
Student Life at Boston College
Boston College is in Chestnut Hill, a picturesque neighborhood situated just outside of downtown Boston. Students have access to the cultural, historical, and professional opportunities that Boston offers. The city is known for its vibrant arts scene, world-class universities, numerous industries, and a diverse range of internships and job opportunities.
Our Services at Boston College
Helpful Resources for Student Support at Boston College
The Connors Family Learning Center (CFLC) – If your student had an IEP or 504 plan in high school to obtain accommodations for a learning disability such as ADHD, they won’t have one in college, but they can still request accommodations through the CFLC.
The Disabilities Services Office (DSO) – The DSO is the place to contact for all disabilities services not handled by CFLC.
Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- University Counseling Services – For individual and group counseling and psychotherapy available to students of Boston College.
- Phone: 617-552-3310
- WellTrack – Self-help mobile app provided by Boston College for its students.
- Center for Student Wellness – Offers online wellness resources and wellness coaching for students of Boston College.
- Lean on Me at Boston College – Anonymous text line for students at Boston College to receive peer-to-peer, non-crisis support. Text (617) 553-6655 to connect with a peer supporter. Free, 24/7 support available.
Academic Resources for Student Support at Boston College
- Boston College Academic Advising Center – Academic advisors ensure that Boston College students meet all their core curriculum requirements for graduation. They also guide students to seek degree tracks that align with their interests. Visit the page at the link to make an appointment with an academic advisor at Boston College.
- Physical address: Academic Advising Center
Stokes Hall S132
140 Commonwealth Ave
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
- Physical address: Academic Advising Center
- More Information about Academic Advising at Boston College – Visit the page at the link to read more about the services provided by the Academic Advising Center at Boston College.
- Tutoring Services at Boston College – The Connors Family Learning Center (CFLC) in O’Neill Library provides free tutoring in over 60 subjects to actively enrolled students of Boston College. Tutoring is performed by faculty-recommended graduate and undergraduate students of the university. In addition to one-on-one tutoring online, CFLC has an Online Writing Lab (OWL) that provides email feedback to students who submit their writing projects.
- Boston College Academic Calendar
- My BC – The student organization portal from Boston College where students can find and join student organizations, see a calendar of student events, and keep up with activities going on all over school.
- Boston College Office of Residential Life – Visit this page to learn about student housing, move-in and move-out dates and procedures, and opportunities to participate in student programming.
- Boston College Office of Student Involvement Programs and Services – Visit this page for information about student groups and campus activities and events at Boston College.
- Student Organizations – Boston College has over 300 student organizations. This page is a portal to all of them.