About CCS Recovery Coaching
Our clients are typically recovering from a history of troubling anxiety and depression, substance use, gaming and internet addiction, a lack of motivation, and low self-confidence and self-worth. Each client develops a recovery plan based on what has worked in the past and present, and includes the addition of new opportunities to continue to promote their recovery.
CCS is one of the few programs in the United States who recognizes Internet Addiction as a very real and serious problem in our young people. We have developed an innovative approach to treating technology dependency issues, such as video game addiction, Internet addiction, & online pornography. This includes the necessary recovery support and education from our team of coaches and therapists. We support our clients to develop a Technology Re-Integration Plan and implement it with our guidance, accountability, and support. Our clients learn how to utilize technology in a new way, moderate and effective.
A Recovery Plan May Include:
- Collegiate Coaching offers a men’s group & women’s wellness-recovery support group. All coaching clients are required to attend these groups during the early transition phase unless they already have a strong support system in the recovering community.
- 12-step meetings: AA, NA, OA, GA, OLGA, CODA, Internet and Technology Addiction Anonymous (ITAA)
- Shambhala Center’s “Heart of Recovery: Meditation for people in recovery” group; for those clients who seek out an alternative approach to drug and alcohol recovery through meditation.
- Phoenix Multisport; A sober active community fosters a supportive, physically active community for individuals who are recovering from alcohol and substance abuse and those who choose to live a sober life.
- Grief and Loss Support Groups.
- We encourage participation in support groups on the college campus. University of Colorado at Boulder offers key support groups & sober activities to students struggling with, or are in recovery from substance abuse or chemical addictions:
- Collegiate Recovery Center
- Meeting with a psychiatrist and therapist who specialize in the client’s specific issues.
- We implement Technology Agreements for our clients with technology-related addictions. This includes the appropriate psychological treatment, a period of abstinence, and a Technology Re-Integration Plan.
- We support our clients to take medications as prescribed & assist them in becoming adept at filling medications at a local pharmacy.
- Healthy eating and following a schedule that promotes sufficient sleep, as well as exercising regularly.
- Drug/alcohol monitoring plans.
- The coach and client will collaborate with the professionals involved, such as a therapist, psychiatrist, and educational consultant.
- Our coaches will assist their client in following through by attending meetings and events with them when appropriate.