Community Connection Coaching
We empower young adults to develop a community of friends and peers by introducing them to what interests them, and to activities and events that challenge them to move out of their comfort zone. Employment is one key area we support our clients to accomplish. Our clients boast a 100% success rate when it comes to finding employment.
We will work with the client in the areas of resume development, job finding, filling out applications and turning them in. Community connections for our clients in recovery from substances and technology addictions are imperative in order to support a healthy, grounded lifestyle. We have many resources in the Boulder area such as 12-step meetings and sober-related activities to choose from.
We will accompany our clients to the events of their choice to support them in attending and engaging. In addition, coaches will initiate attending activities to expose clients to new opportunities.
Several times per week we sponsor social and community activities for our clients to participate in with the support of our coaches. These activities often include the larger Boulder community which provides opportunities for our clients to connect with those outside of CCS.
- Recreation sports league; flag football, soccer, dodgeball, volleyball, basketball
- Open Mic Night; Music and Poetry
- Tai Chi
- Philosophy Group
- Road Races and Fun Runs
- Bowling at the UMC on the University of Colorado Campus
- Rock climbing & other outdoor sports
- CU- Collegiate Recovery Center Activities
- Assist clients in identifying their desired position, obtaining and completing applications, and resume development.
- Role playing, job interviewing skills.
- Provide transportation and accompany clients during the job search to support follow through and decrease anxiety.
We promote volunteering as a way for our clients to connect with their new community, develop friendships, and feel valuable in what they have to offer others.
- Community Cycles
- Equine Therapy Facilities & Ranches
- Alternative Energy Sites
- Boulder Humane Society
- Local television and radio stations
- Many other opportunities